The teachers have many students to take care of in a classroom. They have to ensure that each student gets the advantage of knowledge imparted in the class. Each class may have many students and they all have different personalities and aptitude to learn. Some of the students may find it difficult to understand the topics or may lag behind others due to other reasons.
Some of the things that help teachers manage a bunch of kids are as follows:
- Be in constant touch with the parents of a child who is difficult to handle. This will help parents and teachers to be on the same page. They can know what triggers negative emotions in the child and what controls are being used by them. They can coordinate their reactions and control mechanisms.
- Try to create a positive rapport with the child. This can be through using some games and interactive toys that the child likes. You can get some ideas from StarWalkKids. When you show interest in the child and accept the choices made by him then he will also accept your intentions of help and you will be able to reach a common ground.
- Try to take the help of other students and teachers who are able to get along with a difficult student. Understand the techniques used by them to deal with the child that might help you as well.
- Make a difficult student realize that the consequences of his actions will be negative and unpleasant if he behaves in a certain way. This might make him change his behavior.
- Keep a difficult student closer to you. So that you can keep an eye on him/her and deter the negative behavior immediately. This may also stop him from behaving in the usual undesirable manner.
Do not lose confidence or hope as that is integral to teaching kids. You may feel despair at times but with focus and compassion, any child can be taught, however difficult it is. After all, children learn from parents and teachers and they can always learn the right values and right behavior with the right approach.